Now that winter is in full swing, a fire safety for pets refresher is in order…
Thanks for keeping your pets and hooman family members safe.
- Watch your pet when the fire is going.
- Use a fireplace safety gate in front of the fireplace.
- Train your pet to stay away from the fireplace.
- Avoid flying embers. Use a fireplace screen or glass door on the fireplace.
- Keep the hearth area clear of any flammable materials.
- Avoid playing near an open fireplace.
- Keep fireplace supplies (matches, starter chips, lighters) out of reach.
- Be careful of mantel decorations (holly, garland, lights) – cats can pull things down and start a fire.
“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”