I bet lots of cat moms and dads know this story:
- You are sitting on the couch and your cat is sitting on the floor nearby.
- Kitty is looking at you like she wants to jump up on the couch to join you.
- You tap on the sofa to encourage her to jump up, and say “C’mon kitty! Jump!”
- Your cat looks at you and just sits there.
- You give up.
- Two minutes later, your kitty jumps up onto the couch.
So, I decided to try an experiment with an assumption: My cat Oscar is psychic. Here’s my experiment:
- I waited for Oscar to look at me like he wanted to jump up onto the couch next to me.
- In my minds eye, I imagined Oscar jumping up.
- Voila! He jumped up, rather than sit there like an apparent doofus. 😀
Yes I know, this is far from a scientific experiment. But as far as I can tell, I’ve been able to consistently repeat the experiment with successful results. Oscar has delivered every time!
I also asked Dr. Pet Mom to try this and she told me that it worked. 😎
If you try the experiment, please leave a comment. Or reply to myself or Dr. Pet Mom on social media. Very interested if you discover that your cat is psychic! 😎
“What greater gift than the love of a cat?”