You’ve been blessed with a nice kitty, birdie or doggy as a pet. Below are some ideas on how to repay the love your pets give you, by helping the larger pet community…
If you find this information useful, please share on social media. Thanks! 😎
- Collect supplies (old towels, blankets, food) for a local animal shelter.
- Be a pet therapy volunteer. Visit Pet Partners to screen your pet for a therapy team.
- Donate your pet’s blood at an animal blood bank. Visit Association of Veterinary Hematology and Transfusion Medicine for a list.
- Be a pet foster parent to help socialize animals living in a shelter.
- Help children learn to read with animal “listeners” in a shelter or rescue.
- Host a pet crating party to make homemade pet toys, beds, and quilts.
- Make a creative donation for your birthday. Ask friends and family to donate to a pet charity.
- Join Dog Scouts of America , a nonprofit to help dogs, pet parents, and society.
- Do a Doggie Dash or other charity walk for homeless pets.
Thanks for giving back to your pet community!
“The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness.”