Our beloved cat Oscar, is in need of surgery for bladder stones. We are asking pet lovers from Dr. Pet Mom’s pet parenting community to chip in and help.
Here is a chronology of Oscar’s health care crisis:
- About two weeks ago, we noticed that Oscar’s urinating was abnormal: He was using the litter box more often. He also began using the bathroom sink and tub to urinate. And we also noticed blood in his urine.
- We brought him to our veterinarian where he was tentatively diagnosed with FLUTD (Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease).
- Oscar received some medication and he was getting better.
- A few days ago, his symptoms returned. We brought him back to the vet and they suspected bladder stones, confirmed by an X-ray. We learned that Oscar needed surgery from a specialist.
- We called the specialist and schedule a consult in about 10 days. He will likely have surgery the same day.
- Last night, we thought his urethra was blocked. We took him to the emergency vet. He was OK, and was given some medication to make him comfortable until his surgery.
So far, we’ve spent around $1.2-1.3k on Oscar for his three vet visits.
The estimated cost for his consult and surgery is $2.7-3.2k. We also have to buy him special food now, much more expensive than normal cat food.
If you would care to help Oscar, please send your gifts via my PayPal account. You don’t need your own PayPal account to send a gift. PayPal take many forms of payment.
Oscar was a feral rescue. We adopted him as a therapy cat for a terminally-ill kitty named Mr. Bean. Oscar was wonderful for Mr. Bean. And he deserves the best possible care!
Thanks so much for reading and caring – this warms my heart!
“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”