I recently observed the power of prayer. My heartfelt prayers for a loved one were answered.
Here’s what happened…
- Around three or four weeks ago, Dr. Pet Mom (Bessie) and I started noticing odd urinating behavior by our cat, Oscar: he was peeing more often than usual.
- Then Oscar started intermittently peeing in the bathroom sink and bathtub.
- That’s when we noticed blood in his urine.
- Oscar was brought to his primary veterinarian for diagnosis and treatment. A urine sample was taken to check for infection.
- His preliminary diagnosis was for FLUTD (Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease).
- Oscar was given some medicine to help with pain and inflammation. He was also put on a special diet.
- Urinalysis found no infection.
- Oscar seemed to improve, but then his symptoms returned.
- We brought Oscar back to the veterinarian. The doctor said he likely had bladder stones, confirmed by an X-ray.
- Oscar needed a special surgeon to remove the bladder stones. He was diagnosed about two weeks into this saga. The earliest appointment with the surgeon was December 9.
- Oscar continued to suffer. We asked to be put on the wait list for any cancellations. He needed help as soon as possible.
- I prayed for Oscar to get his surgery quickly, but with an important stipulation: No other pets would be displaced nor harmed for Oscar to get his surgery.
- On Tuesday, December 3, I was shoveling snow. As is my customary practice, I was taking one of my frequent breaks. I began praying again for Oscar. An odd feeling of intense emotional energy overwhelmed me.
- I’ve had this same feeling a few other times before when a prayer was about to be answered.
- I finished shoveling and went back inside. I told Bessie that I was sure that Oscar would soon get his surgery.
- Oscar just left a large bloody pee stream in the sink. For some odd reason, I decided to take a photo. Every other time when we were concerned, we called the veterinarian and described the situation.
- But this time, I emailed the pic to the surgeon’s animal hospital. In retrospect, I am certain that I was guided to take and send the pic.
- Suddenly, the surgeon’s office called. They told us we could bring Oscar in right away. Wow!
- When we arrived at the animal hospital, the surgeon told us that she found a copy of Oscar’s email and photo on her desk.
- She had finished her surgical appointments for the day, and was just about to do some paperwork. Instead, she read her email and decided to sneak Oscar into her busy schedule.
- Oscar had his surgery on Tuesday afternoon! He spent the night in the veterinary hospital. He’s wearing a mini “cone of shame” for a few days, but doing very well.
What a perfectly beautiful outcome!
One can certainly chalk this experience up to a series of coincidences. I would tend to agree, except for the fact I’ve had other prayers answered for loved ones.
I’m not sure if it is God, his emissaries (angels), our ancestors and/or some kind of ‘nonlocal’/action at a distance mechanism we can tap into.
This much I know: Prayer or thinking positive towards a desired outcome is as real as any computer or smart phone you have to read this blog.
If you enjoyed this blog, you might like this one too:
“The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”
–Sir Isaac Newton