It’s easy to take for granted the love we share with our pets. So I thought I’d remind myself why I love my cat pal, Oscar. You might want to remind yourself why you love your pets too.
Why I Love My Cat Pal, Oscar
- Oscar is a natural therapy cat full of empathy. Amazes me to this day, since he was a feral rescue kitty. We adopted Oscar to help our sickly cat Mr. Bean and Oscar did a great job comforting him.
- When I’m feeling especially depressed or anxious, Oscar seems to know that he should spend some time with me.
- Mornings are rough for me and I appreciate Oscar making sure I get up to feed him.
- When I arrive home after being out, Oscar is there to greet me. Kinda makes me feel special.
- Oscar loves to chill out, be mellow and purr a lot. Listening to him purr always brings me a smile. And I think there’s also a healing energy in his purring.
- It’s fun to watch Oscar when he is being playful chasing his favorite mouse toy around the house.
- Speaking of mice, Oscar catches real ones on occasion. He seems to take this task very seriously.
- Although Oscar is our only cat, we know he is great with other cats. We watched him at the adoption center where we got him. This means we can probably adopt another cat when we want to.
- Oscar knows he should spend equal time with both of his cat parents. So neither I nor Dr. Pet Mom are deprived of his company.
- Overall, Oscar is a neat guy and has improved my life immensely.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”